Does anyone know where I can download a copy of the Eagle Scout Leadership Service Project Workbook in WORD (.doc) format? It used to be available on National's site and on nesa.org. However, all I can find now are the RTF and PDF versions.

The PDF version is now "fillable", which would be fine except that the narrative sections have a separate field for each line, which makes it almost impossible to write a narrative. There is no "wrapping" from one line to another, and as the text gets to the end of a line, the entire line of text gets smaller and smaller. This makes editing and error correction extremely tedious - even for experienced writers like me. A youth will go nuts, and justifiably so. There is also no easy way to embed scanned "before" and "after photos. If not for these fundamental flaws in designing the "fillable" version of the booklet, PDF would be great.

In the Word version, expanding the write-up was easy, as everything automatically pushed down when additional material was inserted. It made for a very complete and professional-looking proposal.

Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of the Word version anymore. Does anyone know where I can obtain a copy?

Download the *.rtf (rich text) version. It should open with MS Word. When you go to save it, choose to save it as a .doc version.

I do this with all the documents created in Troopmaster,as TM does not save in .doc formats (copywrite issues). It works fine for me.

Good luck on your ELSP!

From what I've read, after January 1, 2009 Scouts must use the Eagle Scout Leadership Service Project Workbook, BSA publication No. 512-927.

This is the one with the Scout smiling on the cover page - he wasn't smiling on the previous version.

The differences between the newest version and the previous version are quite subtle, so be careful.

I have yet to find the current version in any other form than the pdf version from Scouting.org and nesa.org. I can tell they are the same version because text entered into the grand total of project hours field displays with a teeny tiny font size.

My son started using the older version - he didn't know any better. Luckily we caught wind of the new requirement before he got the project signed off. He didn't want to take any chances that use of an old form might delay his Eagle, so he transferred to the new version. As the first post said - it is a real pain to work with - almost unusable as intended.