Brownies at Eagle Court of Honor

Our Troop is having an Eagle Court of Honor next Saturday. My son and I will be there in our Field Uniforms right down to the socks of course. I was thinking about if my daughter should wear her Brownie vest as a showing of respect or not. I am sure she would be very proud to do so but I am not sure if it is appropriate or not.

Anyone have any thoughts, official rules, past experience to share?

asm 411 -

We encourage all Scouts and Scouters to come to our ECOH in full uniform - this includes all our Scouts, Cubs from our feeder Pack, friends and family members who are Girl Scouts, and anyone else. We've had several family members and friends in the military show up in full dress, as well as police officers, and once, a group of firemen from the station the Eagle was a volunteer at - along with an engine! I have found that the more in uniform the better - I believe it supports the Eagle, plus it makes for really great photos!

back int he dark ages when I got my Eagle, I had an Army LtCol in uniform, a Marine Corps League member in their uniform, and my old SPL in his Navy uniform present certificates to me. Also had several council level scouters there in uniform

Agree the more in uniform the better!

I saw the subject line and thought brownies are delicious. I see that I misunderstood. It is getting close to lunch.

I agree with the others, any flavor of scout uniform is appropriate at an ECOH. Will you and your son wear your BSA uniforms when she gets her Gold Award? I hope so.

Hal

As a sign of respect for scouting in general, I'd say go for it.

As an example, if there was someone from a scouting organization from another country was visiting, I'd be honored to have them arrive in uniform. Likewise for other scouting organizations within this country.