Eagle Scout Congrat. Letters

I have an Eagle Scout in my troop who will be having his Eagle Scout Court of Honor in the next few months. We have recieved many Eagle Scout Congrat. Letters for him. I was wondering if anyone out there knew of any special organizations or people who give really nice letters or certificates besides the typicall ones like at usscouts.org or something like that. We have all ready contacted all the typical people and organizations.

Thanks!

If your eagle is interested in a military career, contact you local recruiting office, they can get you a nice plaque. Marine Corps League is also a nice certificate. if he's earned his religious award, that committee that council committee may have a certificate (I had 2 reps from the committee at mine, both good friends too). Also if there are any local celebrities that are Eagles, contact them. I had Jim Mora, then head coach of the Saints, write me a letter.

We got certificates and "patches" from our local US Marshal, the Drug Enforcement Administration (will also send a personal letter mentioning accomplishments in addition to Eagle, ie. OA and such) and the Knights of Pythias (never heard of them before but they offered a patch). If Catholic, hard to get anything from the Pope but the local Archbishop is a good source. My American Legion post gave a real nice "framed" certicate.

Find out what your Governor and State Legislators issue. Missouri issues framed legislative resolutions honoring and congratulating the kids.

Your Congresscritter may be willing to do a speech honoring him, and have it in the Congressional Record (they do these about once a month, and recite each kids achievements in a formula).

One boy in our troop had a CoH recently, when his letters were presented there were only a handful. I was surpised at the list:

The John Deere Tractor Company

Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs)

Sen Jon McCain

Ford Motor Company

Our council sends a packet of certificates and those plus the above were all he wanted.