OK, I've been trying to post a message all week, but keep getting the message:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e10'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]COUNT field incorrect or syntax error

/Forums/post_library.asp, line 91

Others have received this in the past. How did you overcome it? Please help. Apparently I can respond to a post, but cannot create a new thread...

Please help!

ASM59

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe someone can help me, but I cannot see the pull-down menu that you refer to????

Where is it (or where should it be)?

When I select the "new topic" button, it automatically says which category it will be posted to based on which category I was in. For example, if I am in the category "Camping & High Adventure" and I select the "new topic" button, the page that comes up says that I am posting a new topic to "Camping & High Adventure" I do not see a drop down to select any other category.

Any ideas???

Thanks,

ASM59

Sorry, but this is when I try to post a "new topic" using the "new topic" button. I do not want to "spin-off" of another topic, but I want to create a new topic.

As I stated:

When I select the "new topic" button, it automatically says which category it will be posted to based on which category I was in. For example, if I am in the category "Camping & High Adventure" and I select the "new topic" button, the page that comes up says that I am posting a new topic to "Camping & High Adventure" I do not see a drop down to select any other category.

Again, any ideas???

Thanks,

ASM59

I just tried to spin-off a new message, and yes I did select a forum for the spin-off from the drop-down box.

I received this message:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e10'

/forums/post_library.asp, line 91

I have now tried posting a new topic from 3 different computers in different locations. I always get this message when posting a new topic or when trying to spin-off a new topic. When posting a new topic, I do not get a drop-down box to select a forum. When spinning-off a new topic, I do get the drop-down box, but I still get the above message.

Apparently, I can still reply to topics that have already been started.

Any help is appreciated...

ASM59

BrentAllen,

That was it. I had an apostrophe and a dash in my subject line. I took them out and everything is OK. I was able to post a new topic. That never occurred to me as a potential problem.

Thanks...

ASM59

• 8 months later...

YAHOO!!

It appears to be working again!

Sort of anyway. The posts from the 19th are back, but none of the ones from the 20th. Of course, the only things you could read of those when they DID show up was their title!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I try to post something (new, spin off, or reply) and I get this page :

""Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e10'

/forums/post_library.asp, line 91 ""

Sometimes it appears, sometimes not. It appears more often than not of late.

Any ... thoughts?...

• 9 months later...