If he weren't a Den Chief, I'd take them.

I have a Scout who gets 4-10 monthly service hours as a matter of course. He simply does what he does and runs into opportunities. He is also currently our SPL, a Den Chief, plays School Basketball, Track, Wrestling,and is an A/B student in a selective enrollment program.

I can't figure out after watching him, why service hours are so hard to find for some of the others. He does share his experiences with the others but they aren't taking the hint.

I can't figure out after watching him, why service hours are so hard to find for some of the others. He does share his experiences with the others but they aren't taking the hint.

Gunny-

I think you answered your own question here.

Some youth only tend to think of themselves, and not others. I constantly remind the boys that there are opportunities for service all around them. they just need to take the initiative to volunteer. Some just won't take that step, for whatever reason.

To stay on topic, I would accept the service hours of the youth in question, so long as he is not a Den Chief for the said Den.

My exact reply to the scouts. I went ahead and approved the service hours. The two happen to serve as QM and PL. They just want to teach several of the activity badges for one of the scout's younger brother's den.

Good ... I am in the same thought pattern.

Thanks!