Merit Badge and Rank Cards

The cards for merit badge(s) and ranks are normally bought at the Councils Scout shop...Is there anything prohibiting a troop from copying these or designing and using our own design? Has anyone out here done their own cards? If you did, were they well received?

Although a widely accepted means of keeping track of merit badge partials and completions, there is nothing preventing you from copying them or coming up with your own process. There are software programs, such as TroopMaster, that print out the completed cards for you. If you do come up with your own design, just be aware that the councelors outside your troop will need to be told how to fill them out.

"My only question is "why"?"

Same question I had.

What's the value in doing this?

I would also worry about the possible problems this might cause the scout down the road if all he had was non-standard, troop-issues cards instead of the ones from National Supply. Would someone think he really didn't earn the rank/merit badges? Would the kid think he got ripped off because he got a locally create card instead of the one from National (case in point, I was very disappointed when I staffed WB to get a locally made certificate instead of the official, national supply one).

Hello

As a part of my Wood Badge ticket I am putting on a "Medical Merit Badge Midway" for my district. I have the potential instructors for it but I would like to know if anyone has out there has any power point presentations (or other another type) for Medicine, Dentistry, Public Health or Veterinary Medicine? If you do it would be greatly appreciated. YIS CPT John Green