Eagle Board of Review Question

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What do you mean, nobody answered him?  Lots of people answered him.  Yours is the 58th post in this thread.  You have also managed to resurrect a thread that had been "resting" for eight years.  Or m

I think it's inappropriate. I'm glad the now Eagle answered it well. 

"Do you plan on voting in the upcoming election?"--completely appropriate.   "For whom are you voting in the upcoming election"--without question, inappropriate.   If I were a board member, I woul

If there was a merit badge for Necromancy...

Oh but there is:

necromancy%20merit%20badge_zpssjvuwrgk.p

1. Describe the first aid for blisters, trench foot, splinters, and the common cold.

2. Describe the origins of the word "necromancy."

3. Is viewing old episodes of I Love Luck "necromancy"?  Discuss.

4.  Show your mastery of essential technique by digging a hole 3' x 7' x 6' deep in soil typical for your area in not more than seven hours (which need not be continuous) using hand tools.

5. Compare and contrast "necromancy" and "beating a dead horse in 100 words of less in legible cursive script.

. . .

Oh but there is:

necromancy%20merit%20badge_zpssjvuwrgk.p

1. Describe the first aid for blisters, trench foot, splinters, and the common cold.

2. Describe the origins of the word "necromancy."

3. Is viewing old episodes of I Love Luck "necromancy"?  Discuss.

4.  Show your mastery of essential technique by digging a hole 3' x 7' x 6' deep in soil typical for your area in not more than seven hours (which need not be continuous) using hand tools.

5. Compare and contrast "necromancy" and "beating a dead horse in 100 words of less in legible cursive script.

. . .

After doing #4, I might just NEED said hole!  The alleged "soil" in my area is basically hard-pack clay and rocks the size of your head.

I participated in my first Eagle Board of Review and it went about like I expected with one exception. The last question posed to our first Eagle candidate, because he was close to turning 18 y/o, was who would he vote for in the November general election and why? I was a little shocked that someone would ask a political question. The young man answered the question easily and supported his choice, but I was still a bit taken aback. Is this typical?

I think it's inappropriate. I'm glad the now Eagle answered it well. 

• Upvote 1

I can't say NO enough. No. No. No. We've been known to ask 'What is your favorite candy bar?' just to lighten the mood... but ... No. NO. Politics is just wrong... on so many levels. I can't believe nobody answered you. Not a very active forum I guess!

@siouxzenscouter, welcome to the forum... and by the way, if you have an opinion on anything, just toss it out there!  :)

"Do you plan on voting in the upcoming election?"--completely appropriate.

"For whom are you voting in the upcoming election"--without question, inappropriate.

If I were a board member, I would immediately request a recess, as stated earlier, and put forth my strongest objections to the question.

It's nobody's business. Period.

Edited by frankpalazzi
  • Upvote 1