Board of Review - how do you schedule?

We do ours on an as needed basis, after all, we are there for the Scouts, not the other way around.

Why shoul a Scout be penalized by waiting for rank advancement on a certain date?

Suppose he can't make it on that date, or there aren't enough committee members for that time? Is he going to be delayed again?

(edited for spelling)(This message has been edited by OldGrayOwl)

"My understanding is that it's actually kind of a throwback to the way things "used to be." "

Not quite. Back in the 70s (I think), Scouts sat on BORs for rank up to 1st Class. I think that the idea was that other Scouts would be a good judge of whether the boy in question was up to snuff.

In any case, that's not the way things are supposed to be done today. It doesn't matter if you are a 300 lb simian. Do you also add merit badges to the Eagle required list? Are you still making the boys learn all of the knots required for 1st Class in 1953?

"We do ours on an as needed basis, after all, we are there for the Scouts, not the other way around."

So if Jimmy wants one on Monday night and Johnny wants one on Tuesday night, you'll convene boards two nights in a row?

Hmmm. . . I don't know how to take that.

My sister-in-law smiles at me because she thinks that I'm an idiot because I hike, camp, like motorcycles, airplanes and sports cars and don't care for pro-sports.

My best friend's wife smiles at me because I'm her husband's best friend, I was there when they met and the three of us have been having fun together for over two decades.

My ex smiles when she sees me because I'll be taking the kids for a week.

At the Scoutmasters confrence he fills out a sheet of what rank and requirments met. Then the scout takes to advancement chair and we have a BOR scheduled, normally 1st monday every month during PLC meeting.

Hope this helps

YIS

Doug