Nations Trails Heritage Awards SCAM

Still sorry to hear the poor response from this company.

I am very appreciative of those that have reviewed my Youth Patriotism Awards program and found it a fufilling and fun substitute.

www.youthpatriotism.org

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went on the Nation's Trails Heritage website earlier today, and it said that it was under new management and the transition would be complete by Jan 6 2009. I plan on calling NT next week because we ordered several awards from them in March of 2008. I plan on asking them since it took SO long to get the awards to me for no cost. I'll see if it works.......

• 4 weeks later...

Eaglescout4029~

Do you have an update on the "new management" for Nations Trails Heritage? My son just completed all the requirements for the silver metal and thankfully I did some investigating before sending in the money. I cannot find a working website for them, perhaps you've had better luck?

The website has been offline for at least 3 weeks now.

As an alternative, I would like to point to the program that I created and has been running since September 2008.

The Youth Patriotism Awards takes an awareness of our heritage and takes it even further to focus on service, freedom, and citizenship. Please take a moment and look the program over.

http://www.youthpatriotism.org

And also... to those that have already known about my program... I want to announce that I have just approved a 3.5 inch round patch for the program and will have them available by March 20th. I will be updating the website with the patch a little later this week (most likely this weekend).

Thank you all that have been supportive to this program. I am humbled by the support.

It has been interesting to read all the posts. Our cub scouts also completed the requirements for this medal back in March 2008. I had found out about this award through a link on a scouting website. I have tried repeatedly to contact someone with this organization. The emails are returned and snail mail goes unanswered. The website listed "new management" back in May 2008 but we never did receive the medals. I did contact the Chamber of Commerce in Marborough, MA. A local gentleman they put me in touch with tried to help but I still got no response from Nations Trails. I will continue to watch this site to see if anyone gets any new information.

I see that they have been updating their website over the last week or so. Our Webelos den had been considering this award in conjunction with the citizen activity badge. I am thinking about placing an order for one award and see how it goes. Losing $4 is a lot less painful than $80.

Thank you for keeping me up to date on the website. I see that they have purchase by credit card only, however I cannot find a note staying their website is secure for these types of transactions. I emailed them to ask about paying by check and agree, a trial costing $4 is a lot safer than larger amounts. The addition of the trails section is very nice. I did not know about the different patches and metals that you could earn by hiking them.

Shortly after posting above I decided to email them to see if I would get a reply. I was amazed when I got a response back 9 minutes later. It does not appear to be a canned response either as it addresses specific questions I had.

I too got a very prompt response. Here is what they said about ordering:

"Our online ordering site is secure utilizing SSL security methods and other protections.

However, you are more than welcome to send in a mail order. The order form can be found on the awards page

www.nationstrails.com/awards"

I am going to try the online ordering and will update my message when I receive the award...fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a followup to my earlier post of about 10 days ago. I passed along the concerns of this thread to my co-den leader. Based upon the prompt email response I recently received, we decided to place an order for one item to see what happens. We are going to do our heritage award den meeting tonight. I placed and order this morning. 5 hours later I received a shipping notification with a USPS tracking number. Once the order is received I will update again.

• 1 month later...

THEY'RE BACK!! I, too, placed an order over a year ago and never heard anything. I've been watching this forum and seeing that I wasn't the only one having these problems. Last week, after seeing the most recent comments posted here, I sent them another email and asked about my order from last year. They researched it and replied saying they didn't have it. I placed a new order with them and got my medals and patches, ALL IN JUST 3 DAYS!! This is the kind of service everyone's been expecting all along.