ALLELUIA!!!!! BSA REQUIREMENTS goes online

Yes. And they already changed the merit badge library.

http://www.scouting.org/boyscouts/resources/32215/mb/library.html

Last week it had notes about updated requirements that take effect in 2008, but these are now removed. These were Backpacking, First Aid, Hiking, Metalwork, Sculpture, Water Skiing (to become Water Sports) and Wilderness Survival.

Ed

• 1 month later...

Ok..that answered a question that I had from Summer Camp...My boys on the High Adventure side of camp were told they'd earned the "Water Sports" MB and I could not figure out what it was! I thought maybe they just misprinted it and meant Water Skiing, and couldn't find any references for Water Sports!

Sue M.

Our troop is at summer camp this week. Several boys were signed up for the Waterskiing MB. When I went to our council's scout shop 3 weeks ago for the Waterskiing MB pamphlet, I was told there wasn't one anymore, that it was now Watersports. And that was the pamphlet they sold me.

• 2 months later...

I had several boys this past summer camp earn their "Water Skiing" MB, and our computer program, Troopmaster, doesn''t even have that as an option anymore for a merit badge - it is simply called "Water Sports" already.

I checked the Boy Scout Requirements 2007 book and there was no such animal as Water Sports, but they did have Water Skiing. So I emailed Troopmaster Tech Support and they told me, "this past summer, BSA has changed this badge to include a wake boarding option and has renamed the badge to Water Sports. It is the same badge but now has a different name. Since this badge change only took place over the summer, it was not yet listed when the 2007 books were printed at the beginning of the year."

I turned in the Advancements Report to Council and District that prints out from Troopmaster. It said "Watersports" and I added a "/ Water Skiing" afterward. On the Boys'' Blue cards it said Water Skiing, so I had to annotate something on the Advancements Report. And on their foofy foofy card that comes with the badge itself, I wrote "Watersports/Water Skiing" because of what their blue cards said!

Have to cover all bases until everyone is doing it "the new way."