Maybe he's going for the merit badge record, whatever that is. He's definitely not the norm, but you gotta' hand it to him. He's put in alot of organized effort to accomplish it. Assuming he's 17 years old (i'm guessing), he had to average 15 a year to get to this point. He's earned more in a year than what I earned in my 4 1/2 years as a Boy Scout.

There have been several scouts who earned every MB offered at the time. I remember a couple of years ago a very inspiring story about a russion immigrant who earned every MB. I think he's at Princeton or Harvard now. I told my guys that if a guy could come over here (I think he was 12), without being able to speak a word of English, and do that.... there's no excuse to not get the 21 needed for Eagle.

We have a 17 year old Eagle who is pushing 110 badges. He earned 78 before he got his Eagle two years ago. Now has all the Eagle Palms. I doubt he'll get all the badges before he's 18. He just enjoyed the process. Liked to learn new stuff. He also did every summer camp until 16 and every merit badge college offered by council.