New First Class requirement: "invite" a friend

Gern,

Eligible when? Today? Tomorrow? In two weeks? In two years? The requirement doesn't say so wouldn't restricting this to any age group of boys be adding to the requirements?

Ed Mori

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

Gern I have been working under the assumption that by "eligible" what is meant is that they meet the "joining requirements" listed under #1 of the "scout" badge, as follows:

"Meet age requirements: Be a boy who has completed the fifth grade and be at least 10 years old, or be 11 years old, or have earned the Arrow of Light Award and be at least 10 years old, and be under 18 years old. "

I can see where others might make a different assumption but I think if we can all stay w/in the bounds of common sense, no one would seriously propose that your hypothetical 2nd cl. scout should be going and quizzing his friends about their religious beliefs and sexual orientation to see who is "eligible." I rather think that's a red herring.

Lisa'bob

Actually Ed, the answer to your eligible when? question is presently.

The requirement says IS eligible not WILL BE eligible.

is v.

Third person singular present indicative of be.

We agree that it is a stupid worthless requirement. (except to those professionals who might get a number added to their membership figure and get them closer to "the winner's circle". Makes me want to puke!

cc