Due to dates in the Scout's book being different from the one on the the advancement report (which was one day off) , a Scout recieved his SMC and BOR for Star one day too soon to have completed the 4 month POS and active in troop time. Neither looked at the advancement report so this was missed. The troop committee (including those who sat on the board) don't see this as a problem in that one day would not have changed anything.

Our worry is that we always hear that one a boy is up for Eagle, everything may be gone over with a fine toothed comb by the district committee. Assuming that it is well over 6 months before this scout is ready for Life, is there the potential (however small) that this can cause a problem down the line. If it is, how could it be corrected?

Ditto OGE file an ammended Advancement Report.

The dates of First Class,Star and Life BOR's submitted on Eagle application are checked by Council and or District Advancement Committee.

Its much easier to fix this oversight now than waiting until its found on Eagle application somewhere down the road.

One of my scouts who submitted his eagle application was told by our Council that he never made Star! An advancement date in the council computer was inputted wrong and had a ripple effect across all his records. Once in was corrected, everthing fell into place.

It's very important that the scouts, troops and councils records all agree. The challenge is that the scouts records are in his book and his blue cards, the troop's records are in TroopMaster and Council has their own computerized records. And it seems that getting things to agree doesn't matter until the boy goes for his eagle.

I think most of us have run into problems with Council records, and you're correct that dates don't matter until a boy comes up for Eagle.

I've gotten into the habit of requesting ScoutNet printouts for each of my boys once they reach Star. I compare the printouts against our troop records (Troopmaster and boys books) and our copies of advancement reports. I've found some real doozies - one can only imagine where Council got some of their dates. Once I provide supporting documentation (copies of the advancement reports previously submitted), my council has been good about correcting their records without question. Extra work for me, but worth it in the long run.