Revoking the Eagle rank

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to my Baseball Encyclopedia, Chuck Connors played 1 game for the Dodgers in 1949. He went 0/1 as a pinch hitter. In 1951 he appeared in 66 games for the Cubs. He played 57 games at 1B and had 10 pinch hit appearances. He went 48/201 (.239). There is no mention of him in the pitcher's register.

I have a vague childhood memory of Chuck Connors having his buttons cut off and his sword broken. I've been wanting to see "Branded" ever since, but so far it hasn't shown up on Nick at Nite or TVLand.(This message has been edited by Eagle76)

pack, from that paraphrase, you must be thinking of Chuck Heston, not Chuck Conners ... ;)

...now, with all this baseball talk of who played what position in what year, why am I reminded of Billy Crystal and Jack Palance ...

As a new Eagle myself (2-28-06), I can understand reasons why a Scout would be denied by the BoR, but to revoke the rank after he has passed his BoR is wrong. I think we all know a few eagles who shouldn't be eagles, as well as a few who should be eagles who aren't, but to undo what the Board has done will send a message saying "Opps, guess we messed up there." It will leave people wondering how many of these "mistakes" are made.

Chuck Conners....Branded? I seem to recall my great-great-grandfather mentioning something about that when he was explaining that TV's used to only have black and white screens and you had to turn a knob to change to one of three channels. Geez, you guys are OLD!!! ;)

Disclaimer: I remember watching the show as a wee lad. I was my dad's channel changer.

But we digress...

The question is, then, HAS NATIONAL BSA EVER SANCTIONED THE REVOCATION OF A SCOUTS EAGLE RANK? (OR ANY RANK?) AND IF SO, WHICH COUNCIL ? AND WHAT WERE THE GROUNDS?

Yea or Nay?

Charles Whitman was an adult Eagle Scout and scout leader who shot and killed a bunch of people from the University tower at Austin about 40 years ago. He would certainly have been a candidate. I never heard it happened.

Miami_cheif,

Instead of wishing someone wasn't an eagle we should wish they would of continued too live by the scouting principles and encourage them to re-discover the scout spirit and live up to the ideals of what an eagle scout is from here on out.