Scouting the Web

Sign in to follow this  

Share tips and info for Scouting webmasters and discuss Scouting resources on the web

Subforums

1. Hosting at SCOUTER.com

Member to Member Tech Support for unit websites hosted by www.SCOUTER.com/hosting

194 topics in this forum

1. website feedback

• 3 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 0 replies
  2. Online Pack Management

• 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
  3. Pinewood Derby Websites

• 1 reply
    • 1 reply
  4. JOTI / JOTA?

• 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
  5. Release for website

• 8 replies
  6. NESA.org

• 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
Sign in to follow this  
  • LATEST POSTS

• IF  this is actually the case, I suspect we might soon hear that it went away.  No matter how strapped a council might be, they have clerical people to deal with advancement details, and Eagle boards do most of the preliminary verifications of dates and such in most councils.  If they do not in this "council", then maybe they should.  Total nonsense.  By the way, there is a legitimate fee for processing in an expedited manner that is available, though even that may be covered by most units.  
    • In our unit guys typically come up with their own projects. Some have known since they were Cubs what they wanted to do. Others got ideas later in their career. Some have zero clue what they want to do. We had one kid who knew what he wanted to do since Kindergarten. True story. Even made it on to the Boys' Life Eagle Project idea site. Locally, we have several resources the boys use to get ideas: Our CO. Sitting down and asking them what they need is a big help to both. Our local school district or the schools themselves. Local city departments (e.g., parks, community centers, etc.). Senior centers or homes. The boys' own religious institution. Neighborhood centers (private) or communities (e.g. community pools, playgrounds, sanctuaries, museums, etc.). Food banks or other non-profits. I am sure I am missing a bunch but this is where most of the end up benefiting. 
    • If it is done correctly, I don't see it as an issue. Many regalia pieces are based on historic pieces and are meticulously researched. Some are even more "authentic" and historically correct (in not only appearance but construction) than what many actual tribal members will wear to a typical Pow Wow. If done correctly and respectfully, complaints are pretty rare around my neck of the woods. That entails actually learning the culture and learning what is appropriate and what is not.   That said, you do see the "Chief Wannabe" types as well, which unfortunately give the Order a bad name.  
    • Sounds like our unit is like @ItsBrian: Mess kits (no paper or plastic) Nagelenes (not styrofoam or disposable cups) KP water is Steramine (not bleach) Use drying cloths (not paper towels) Food for camp outs is fully eaten (we have awards for the patrols that have the fewest leftovers) Fire are only used for cooking or warmth. Hold LNT classes several times a year (both ethics awareness and ethic action award classes). Fuel conservation methods are also taught. 
    • The frisbee works, just gotta make sure you wipe off the dog spittle  
  • Who's Online (See full list)