• LATEST POSTS

• I also check out sometimes. I come here for hope but often leave depressed.  However,  just to share some uplifting info I just discovered:  We all know about Bear Grylls but famous U.K. scouts also include John Lennon, Paul McCartney, David Beckham, David Bowie, Richard Branson, Tony Blair, Keith Richards (!!!!) and, my favorite, Sir David Attenborough. You have to laugh. Could you imagine having Keith Richards in your Pack or Troop?  
    • Offer your equipment for sale to the families and CO membership.  Spend that cash and every cent in the treasury on the biggest blow out fully catered no holds barred CoH.   If there's any equipment or cash left tell council to come and take it.  They arent going to lawyer up over it.  Hell they wont even force a DE to visit the CO.
    • IMO, the quote was taken out of context  https://legislation.nysenate.gov/pdf/bills/2019/S2440 § 6. Section 50-i of the general municipal law is amended by adding a 48 new subdivision 5 to read as follows: 49 5. Notwithstanding any provision of law to the contrary, this section 50 shall not apply to any claim made against a city, county, town, village, 51 fire district or school district for physical, psychological, or other 52 injury or condition suffered as a result of conduct which would consti- 53 tute a sexual offense as defined in article one hundred thirty of the 54 penal law committed against a child less than eighteen years of age, 55 incest as defined in section 255.27, 255.26 or 255.25 of the penal law 56 committed against a child less than eighteen years of age, or the use of a child in a sexual performance as defined in section 263.05 of the 2 penal law committed against a child less than eighteen years of age So 50-i of the General Municipal law Presentation of tort claims, commencement of actions  with  1.No action or special proceeding shall be prosecuted or maintained against a city, county, town, village, fire district or school district for personal injury ... and short time limits ...does not apply when these acts were committed against a child less than 18 due to CVA (Child Victim Act) https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/laws/GMU/50-I  5. Notwithstanding any provision of law to the contrary, this section shall not apply to any claim made against a city, county, town, village, fire district or school district for physical, psychological, or other injury or condition suffered as a result of conduct which would constitute a sexual offense as defined in article one hundred thirty of the penal law committed against a child less than eighteen years of age, incest as defined in section 255.27, 255.26 or 255.25 of the penal law committed against a child less than eighteen years of age, or the use of a child in a sexual performance as defined in section 263.05 of the penal law committed against a child less than eighteen years of age.   Here's just one example of a NY town and its school district being sued https://www.rochestercitynewspaper.com/rochester/child-victims-act-lawsuit-targets-brighton-town-school-district/Content?oid=10925411 Not a lawyer but that is my read. Most of the NY Child Victims Act  is a list of amendments to existing state law.  
    • Best you make the first move. Decide if you’re gonna look for a new CO. If not see if the closest troop in your district will accept you handing down everything. Leave a nominal donation to the church as you all move out.
    • Don't know yet. We will find out on Monday. If we are not recharted the Troop will probably disband. The press for the BSA is bad right now and I don't know anyone interested in chartering a Troop. 
  • Who's Online (See full list)