Camping & High Adventure

Sign in to follow this  

Share a camping tip.

Subforums

1. Equipment Reviews & Discussions

Discussions dealing with equipment topics (tents, lights, packs, boots, stoves, etc.)

Tales of Scout cooks, prized techniques and yummy recipes for gathering around the fire.

1829 topics in this forum

1. 50 Mile Award

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  2. Cooking ideas

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  3. Double H

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  4. Miramichi River

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
Sign in to follow this  
  • LATEST POSTS

• I just read this. Thank you for the inspiration. Sounds like these scouts have created a great memory for themselves. I hope the ceremony is (was?) a success.
    • Our lodge had theirs this weekend. I think 100 candidates.
    • Pandemic-addled (Adj) : We’ve seen the opposite. Boys are starving for interaction. So, attendance at summer camp, troop meetings, and two subsequent camp outs (plus one for older scouts), has been high. On the other hand, we’re all in different situations. Many of my troop’s parents are essential employees or own their own businesses, and have been out and about since lockdown. But the one family who has avoided social situations ... even if distanced ... as decided not to recharter with us. I told the parents that we’re close to them to not push things. Everyone has their own burdens. For example, after scouting events, I don’t watch my grandson for a week out of an abundance of caution. And, I don’t attend events if I kno I babysit that week. Fortunately we have depth on both the scout-volunteer front and baby-sitting front. (I’m not needed for every overnight, and the grandson has doting aunts and uncles.)
    • Agreed. The BSA has filed a motion "extending the Debtors’ exclusive periods to (a) file a chapter 11 plan (the “Exclusive Filing Period”) by 180 days, to and including April 13, 2021, and (b) solicit votes thereon (the “Exclusive Solicitation Period” and, together with the Exclusive Filing Period, the “Exclusive Periods”) by 180 days, to and including June 14, 2021, without prejudice to the Debtors’ rights to seek further extensions of the Exclusive Periods". And nearly two years after filing Chapter 11, USA Gymnastics, its claimants (517), and insurers (11 or 12) have not settled. IMO the BSA Chapter 11 filed Feb, 2020 is more complex, so..
    • Thanks, My early Saturday AM ramblings. Today I was out at the Council camp doing some service. I ended up running into my Troop, who was out camping there. It's one of the only places they are allowed to camp. They had about 20 Scouts and 10 Webelos out camping with them. The Webelos are working on some of their AOL requirements. Surprising to me, COVID 19 seems to have galvanized the adult leadership of the Troop, and they seem determined to make things work the best they can with COVID 19. The Scouts seemed to be having fun, and were in their patrols, which I was glad to see.  The Cub parents camping with them had some pretty dire news. Seems like Cub packs in my area are folding up left and right. 
  • Who's Online (See full list)