Uniforms

Sign in to follow this  

For All messages dealing with Scout Uniforms

Sign in to follow this  
  • LATEST POSTS

• @KC4KEV welcome to scouter.com
    • No it does not.  Some Packs did get together to do bussing in the past but there was limited usage as many kids weren’t excited to spend 1.5 - 2 hours per day on a bus.  Plus if there was an issue on the interstate it could take much longer (in order to get to the camp you really need to take the only east/west interstate in the area and an accident can significantly impact the commute time).  The in town day camp ended up being a more successful solution.
    • Hello all, I just got started this past August with my oldest son just about to be Tiger. I was recommended to be the new Cubmaster and I'm looking for any tips, tricks and other info. I've been coaching for a few years and work with kids. We have a Tiger Den of 24 boys so we divide and conquer and are looking to have more tigers next year with a new school coming online. So if anyone has advice, please share.  I'm currently the Assistant Den Leader and on the Committee.  Thanks, Kevin   
    • We carved out and built a meeting area down behind the CO on their land, backs up to some houses.  Put in a bridge over a gully, assembly area with flagpoles and benches in meeting areas for patrols.  We hang lanterns for lighting.  You come down a hill to get to the area.  If one comes later pretty neat to look down and see the lanterns, Scouts running about.
    • those are awesome!  how I think it should be in a perfect world.  Talk about taking patrol spirit and troop pride to another level.....I'd add that the patrol leaders should all have keys to the place so the patrols can have meetings on their own time.... keeping the adults "out of it".  A real scout hut club house! Meanwhile, my troop as a boy, was much like the Troop I volunteered for.  We fought every other ministry in the church, along with wedding receptions and the rest, for space in the parish hall or the school cafeteria....  No regular place even to store the troop's flag.... we'd have to look for it every time to find which corner or closet it got squirreled into....   curious about those examples.... who charters these troops?  who owns the building and land for these troops to have such an awesome set-up?
  • Who's Online (See full list)