Open Discussion - Program

Share Scouting Topics here.

Subforums

1. Scouts with Disabilities

Where parents and scouters go to discuss unique aspects to working with kids with special challenges.

A place to chat about Scouting's biggest gathering

9112 topics in this forum

• 4 replies
    • 3 replies
  1. How to keep Eagles?

• 3 replies
  2. Scout Spirit

• 11 replies
  3. Active or inactive 1 2

• 26 replies
    • 12 replies
  4. Patrol meetings

• 5 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 5 replies
  5. OK Service Project 1 2

• 18 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
  6. Large troop troubles

• 7 replies
  7. Interesting quote

• 0 replies
  • LATEST POSTS

• Yeah, I can't imagine how I could be pushy in an effective way.  As a side note, are parents supposed to be able to enter stuff in Scoutbook? I have been unable to update my daughter's rank advancement in Scoutbook since her last Pack change (our old Pack ceased to exist). I was her den leader in the old Pack though, so I thought that was why.  I'm the only one in our Pack who has ever logged into Scoutbook. A Scouter friend said the Cubmaster has to give me permission to update rank requirements; although as CC all the Scouts are showing as green dots (full control) for me so I'm not sure what's going on. I don't get an error, it just kicks me back to the main page when I try to see the rank advancement.  I have no trouble updating advancement requirements for the members of the Troop where I'm on the committee. 
    • What about weeding town areas. Helps out the public works crews. Or planting flower baskets at library and schools and senior centers?  There Is enough doom and gloom colorful plantings could make people’s day  
    • I’m a CC for our Town’s pack. We tried to do at home/zoom den and pack meetings. Parents didn’t log in. honestly some were Struggling with distance learning and stress. We did a couple NOVA offerings, 2 den leaders made up elective adventure kits and delivered to their den members.  Midway we sent a survey and parents responded just staying on top of the schooling was what they could handle - so i mailed out a listing of where their cub was toward rank and asked that they finish  up as they could and record in Scoutbook.    After many many years of CC work I’ve learned what I may do at my house possibly won’t work for others.    we dont force or flex our position of responsibility onto anyone unless its a safety Issue or YPT violation.  This way we have the family’s always feel welcome. 
    • Nah, more like the difference between being a pro and being a dog trolling for the misfortunate to exploit them. "In a wreck and need a check?  Lxxxxx and Rxxx are the lawyers for you!  Call 222 22 22!"    
  • Who's Online (See full list)