Open Discussion - Program

Share Scouting Topics here.

Subforums

1. Scouts with Disabilities

Where parents and scouters go to discuss unique aspects to working with kids with special challenges.

A place to chat about Scouting's biggest gathering

9226 topics in this forum

• 19 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 3 replies
  1. What would you do? 1 2

• 16 replies
  2. What would you do?

• 13 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 14 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. Den Chief age 1 2

• 25 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 64 replies
    • 8.6k views
    • 23 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 12 replies
    • 8 replies
  4. Camp Box

• 7 replies
  5. Adult Merit Badge

• 6 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 12 replies
  • LATEST POSTS

• Kool. It could monitor how systems are abusing our kids, and hold them accountable. Heck, it could go straight to the source ... families. It could provide re-education camps for wayward parents. It’s a recipe for success. I’m sure predators would never corrupt such an oversight entity.
    • Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of good ideas, great conversation and a wide diversity of new and experienced Scouters. We look forward to what you will add and learn from participating in the forums.
    • I am not. I have been following the BSA lawsuit closely and feel like LEC will have to contribute millions due to all the claims. They sold Stigwandish because they could not afford to operate it. They laid off staff this year, the membership is down significantly. They have not been upfront with what is going on. They may well go bankrupt due to lawsuits that are coming. Even with Ohio's SOL they have millions in liability.
    • I believe the UMC Church encouraged their congregations to get involved in the lawsuit for this very reason. I hope other COs did the same, including the COs I have been involved with. I know my current CO has worked through the overall denomination. No idea what my church has done, but I did email about this situation.
    • Since our units were paying for the premiums, one might think that we were the ones being covered.  At least that's what we were told when BSA charged us the fee.  Looks like we were covering national's assets, and we will be left twisting in the wind. We need to remember that these victims of abuse were boy scouts.  Their registration fees paid for those insurance policies.  
  • Who's Online (See full list)