Open Discussion - Program

Share Scouting Topics here.

Subforums

1. Scouts with Disabilities

Where parents and scouters go to discuss unique aspects to working with kids with special challenges.

A place to chat about Scouting's biggest gathering

9152 topics in this forum

• 3 replies
  1. signaling record

• 3 replies
    • 26 replies
  2. Camping Nights Per Year

• 8 replies
  3. Need some Catapult plans

• 2 replies
    • 4 replies
  4. Eagle sequence

• 3 replies
    • 68 replies
  5. Why one boy wants to quit 1 2

• 22 replies
  6. Adult Patrol

• 12 replies
  7. Bob White 1 2

• 16 replies
  8. ASM duties

• 9 replies
  9. Gleaning

• 2 replies
    • 6 replies
  10. New role

• 2 replies
  • LATEST POSTS

• Yes, however the discussions today generally lead to a desire of a syllabus more like the old WB.. But there was a reason why it changed, thus repeating history. We don't want to do that. Barry
    • Except that change was, for many, two iterations and 20 years of Woodbadge ago. In my district, all the WB people were 2010 (maybe 2007) and forward. Only 1 person was I think pre-2000. When people around here talk about "old" Woodbadge, they mean prior to the 2019/2020 re-write. Not what happened in 2000.
    • I see two sides approaching many of these topics that deal with the structure of the program. One side see's all the social issues being the cause of the membership loss trends. The other side see how past program issues cause the membership loss trends. Sometimes the two sides don't want to consider the other causes. So, each side spends more time reinforcing their opinions. Woodbadge was a leadership course that was completely changed for the new generation of leaders. However, it is marketed with the expectation of the old syllabus with a modern approach. Participants have the expectation of learning the skills of the old course and are disappointed when they feel it lacking. I personally think it is a good course, but is marketed wrong.  Barry
    • You aren't overthinking it, brother ...that is the purpose of open, non-attribution discussion.  Discussion gives us the chance to work out our own thinking, articulate our ideas, get input from others, and modify the framework of our thinking to strengthen it, or get rid of it for new thinking. Enjoy!  
    • The way I see it, if National is allowing online outdoor training now, changes to advancement so that virtual camping is allowed for ranks AND MBs, changes to OA eligibility to include virtual camping, etc, then everything is on the table due to COVID.
  • Who's Online (See full list)