Open Discussion - Program

Share Scouting Topics here.

Subforums

1. Scouts with Disabilities

Where parents and scouters go to discuss unique aspects to working with kids with special challenges.

A place to chat about Scouting's biggest gathering

9610 topics in this forum

• 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 6 replies
  1. NetRoster problem

• 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 8 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 6 replies
    • 1 reply
  2. online resource

• 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 7 replies
  • LATEST POSTS

• https://www.scouts.ca/news-and-events/news/2024/04/scouts-canada-makes-pledge-to-be-scouts-for-all-canadians New leadership and focus announced monday.
    • How about a good look at the "Journey to Excellence" worksheet and head towards at least a Bronze rating?  All those KPI can be ok, but wouldn't an advancement rep best report from their seat?  SM is not a committee and should stick to SM stuff while committee can dig deep into expenses, advancement, recruiting.  Pretty much the team while the SM is quarterback.
    • I would lead with: 1) Is the PLC running the Troop well? 2) Are new scouts <2 years integrating well into the activities and patrols. 3) Are AOL scouts attending any meetings and outings and has that gone well? I think the other items are fine, but some should also come from committee members themselves (advancement chair, etc.).  
    • IMHO. Delegate. KISS (Keep It Simple Scoutmaster) , oh and go paperless or lesspaperworkess,  The Troop Committee usually has a Secretary, Activities Chair, Equipment Chair,... and the troop has a Scribe and Quartermaster. Back in the day (there he goes again),  much of the same was accomplished by simply updating a troop advancement chart and calendar which was hanging on meeting room wall. My $0.02,
    • Looks like Blackberry (RIM) stock price.   I expect BSA numbers will be similar.  I still believe in scouting but a lot has to change for it to grow again and I don't think those changes will happen.
  • Who's Online (See full list)