Open Discussion - Program

Share Scouting Topics here.

Subforums

1. Scouts with Disabilities

Where parents and scouters go to discuss unique aspects to working with kids with special challenges.

A place to chat about Scouting's biggest gathering

8754 topics in this forum

1. Flag Ettiguette

• 3 replies
    • 5 replies
  2. Did you know?

• 1 reply
  3. Troop Committee

• 3 replies
  4. Meritbadge.org

• 6 replies
  5. Why I'm a Scouter

• 2 replies
    • 1 reply
  6. Advancement Fast Track

• 5 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
  7. softball competition

• 0 replies
  8. Unit Leader

• 5 replies
  9. High Adventure

• 3 replies
    • 15 replies
  • LATEST POSTS

• Oscar D was about 1980 or so
    • There are a few of us here who were scouts in the 60s or even 50s.   I joined up in '69 but the big uniform change was in '72 or '73.  Something about Oscar de la somethingorother.     I don't think I have a Guide to Insignia anymore, but I do have the handbooks.     Yes, Knots were worn by adults they were a different colored background than todays versions.    The eagle as I recall was a toss up.  A lot of adults still wore their Eagle badge, I saw a few from the 40's that were square rather than oval,  it was not correct by the strict rules but I never heard of any of the Patch Police having the nerve to call them on it.   A lot of our Scoutmasters had spent a few years  as grunts, shooting at Nazis in France and Germany, or fighting their way across the Pacific.    They didn't put up with much parade ground fluff.
    • We who are moderators do not have visibility over IP data. @SCOUTER-Terry has his real world employees do admin work. 
    • @CaptBurgers, welcome to the forums. 
    • Hi, I have my dad’s full 1960s collarless uniform, with the knee high socks and garters and such. It currently has the set up for a youth. I am now an adult leader and want to update it accurately to the 1960s insignia. Does anyone have a period guide or know what the patches looked like and where they went? I kind of have an idea but I can’t find anything on if there were eagle knots or if they wore the eagle patch and such. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online