Open Discussion - Program

Share Scouting Topics here.

Subforums

1. Scouts with Disabilities

Where parents and scouters go to discuss unique aspects to working with kids with special challenges.

A place to chat about Scouting's biggest gathering

8960 topics in this forum

1. Lewis and Clark

• 2 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 3 replies
  2. What would you do?

• 16 replies
  3. What would you do?

• 13 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 14 replies
  4. Den Chief age

• 25 replies
    • 64 replies
    • 23 replies
    • 12 replies
  • LATEST POSTS

• Just to de-fuzz the math, remember that to break even from a ten percent a ten percent loss, one needs a subsequent eleven percent gain.
    • Just what the BSA needs right now, a leader slapping a young female reporter on the butt on live TV. Tommy Callaway, a 43-year-old married father of two, is facing charges filed by Savannah, GA WSAV-TV anchor Alex Bozarjian, 23.  On the surface, it's a stupid thing to do and unacceptable behavior from anyone, anywhere. The matter is made worse by a few factors, one being his lack of a real apology (he dances around it in interviews but is defensive and says he thinks he just "touched her back"), and as it relates to all of us, he's a Cub Scout leader.  I always put myself in the shoes of a Committee Chair. What would I do if this guy was a leader in my Pack and I was the CC? I think I'd have a hard time not asking for him to resign. How could I just let this go? He doesn't seem all that remorseful, and frankly I think he's a YPT risk since he publicly slapped/grabbed the behind of a young woman who could could have been a teenager. She appears very young (she's 23), but for all he knew she could have been a high school intern working for the local news. At the very least his judgement as a leader in a youth organization should be in question, and at worst his membership should maybe be revoked. Surely it will be if he's convicted of a crime here.   
    • Never heard of the site. Never cared.
    • Right, because nobody else is ever going to have a UK scouter drop by camp to update you on one of your scout's Totin' chip fails ...
    • https://wiki.tfes.org/Flat_Earth_-_Frequently_Asked_Questions
  • Who's Online (See full list)