Open Discussion - Program

Share Scouting Topics here.

Subforums

1. Scouts with Disabilities

Where parents and scouters go to discuss unique aspects to working with kids with special challenges.

A place to chat about Scouting's biggest gathering

8988 topics in this forum

• 3 replies
    • 3 replies
  1. signaling record

• 3 replies
    • 26 replies
  2. Camping Nights Per Year

• 8 replies
  3. Need some Catapult plans

• 2 replies
    • 4 replies
  4. Eagle sequence

• 3 replies
    • 68 replies
  5. Why one boy wants to quit

• 22 replies
  6. Adult Patrol

• 12 replies
  7. Bob White

• 16 replies
  8. ASM duties

• 9 replies
  9. Gleaning

• 2 replies
    • 6 replies
  • LATEST POSTS

• I enjoy singing, people near me may not enjoy that as much, but my WB experience was definitely on the misused end of the spectrum.
    • There is a lot of US History on the Citizenship test.  I am not sure that is the aim of Citizenship in the Nation. I would be interested in the non-history questions.    I also wonder about the methodology of this survey as there doesn't seem to be any information on how the questions were selected.  The actual test randomly selects 10 questions from a bank of 100.  For example, the actual test only asks you to name 3 of the original 13 colonies.  There is also is a significant difference between someone who studies for that test and one who doesn't.  I wonder what the pass rate would be if you allowed people to review the 100 questions for only 1 hr then asked them the same questions.     If you are interested, here is the current list of 100 questions the test comes from - https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Office of Citizenship/Citizenship Resource Center Site/Publications/100q.pdf The questions do not change without notice though the answers might (who is president for example). 
    • I wonder if we may seriously want to consider adding or modifying requirements for Citizenship in the Nation to include actually pass the Citizenship Test for those trying to become citizens; pass at or above the same standard an immigrant needs?    Review this:  as leaders and mentors in general, we should have concerns.  Just the way I see it.  https://woodrow.org/news/national-survey-finds-just-1-in-3-americans-would-pass-citizenship-test/?fbclid=IwAR0xsWFiD5opdYNBsi8mVkJTc_hogDjCVQFZhBMCs1Zr-XI_MeiqBvFKLOQ
  • Who's Online (See full list)