Open Discussion - Program

Share Scouting Topics here.

Subforums

1. Scouts with Disabilities

Where parents and scouters go to discuss unique aspects to working with kids with special challenges.

A place to chat about Scouting's biggest gathering

8753 topics in this forum

1. Eagle Rank & age

• 14 replies
  2. Troop at DNC

• 5 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply
  3. Eagle Pattern/Model

• 5 replies
  4. AOL/Klondike Derby

• 4 replies
  5. non official uniforms?

• 2 replies
  6. New Forums Added

• 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
  7. best way of disiplin

• 1 reply
  8. Wood Badge Forum?

• 2 replies
    • 14 replies
  9. uniforms

• 1 reply
  • LATEST POSTS

• Yes, I have had to deal with this situation, and there is another obvious way to handle it. Don't take him.
    • That's a good pitch line when doing public fundraising, but in reality, it is absolute nonsense. Father Flanagan was wrong. There are lots of bad boys. Some of them are bad to the core. Some of them are incorrigible and extremely dangerous. Parents expect us to use good judgement and screen out some of those boys. We shouldn't just take everyone.  The Chartered Organization has the right to reject boys who don't meet their standards for participation in the unit. I understand that the Brits don't have CO's. I have no idea who, if anyone, would make that sort of decision on their side of the pond.    
    • While exchange of information isn't quite a simple as presented, there must be something wrong with your Epic build.  I have never experienced any data loss or corruption with Epic. None of the physicians work with keep paper copies of anything.  I am curious what you did about this adult who went down and how you handled the situation differently than if you hadn't known his history.  I am a big advocate for medical alert dog tags that include emergency contacts with all your info. I also never advocated that people can tell you things as you need it but that are things that just don't need to be shared.  I'll give an example.  I have epilepsy.  It is 100% controlled on my medication.  I don't tell people about it because they freak out and if I have a seizure what they really need to know is first aid, not that I have a history of it.  
    • Pre-judge is bit harsh, the OP is simply listening to his scouts and planning ahead. How would you have even able to provide your suggestions without a request for ideas. Barry
  • Who's Online (See full list)