Open Discussion - Program

Share Scouting Topics here.

Subforums

1. Scouts with Disabilities

Where parents and scouters go to discuss unique aspects to working with kids with special challenges.

A place to chat about Scouting's biggest gathering

8913 topics in this forum

• 5 replies
    • 112 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 32 replies
    • 181 replies
    • 264 replies
    • 29 replies
    • 33 replies
  1. Where would you go?

• 76 replies
    • 5 replies
  2. Voice of the Scout surveys

• 19 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 25 replies
  • LATEST POSTS

• I was mistaken.  Doesn't make it not a stupid rule.  I would hate to have had to plan my project around as many people as I did plus getting two, over 21, registered adults there the entire time as well.   What is dumb would be that my project was completed over about 8 days of work.  Who decides which of those days were activities and which weren't? Only 2 had other scouts there.  Man, now I feel like an old man shaking my fist at a cloud...
    • Agreed.  It would strike me that these are the key passages: I have to imagine that the valid ways to delay a EBOR are: 1. The council advancement committee declares the process is that they schedule them and then decide not to schedule one for girls who request them. 2. The council does not verify the application because she is a girl From the rules I see, these are the only valid ways I could find.  
    • The Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook (screenshot below) and the Guide to Advancement both say that Eagle Scout projects are Scouting activities and all Guide to Safe Scouting rules apply (including YPT, two-deep leadership, etc.).

• IMO , it could happen.  Her REAL EBOR  may raise concerns over this and the appeal process takes time. She may miss the first class  of female eagles deadline. 
    • Fully agree and well said. I think National's been pretty consistent on this.  If it looks like a Scout activity, two deep registered adult leadership over 21.
  • Who's Online (See full list)