Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't recall if we had a patrol yell since it's over 20 years ago. However, when the staff did roll call and asked if the Bobwhite patrol was present we would respond:
    "That's Mr. Bob White to you!"

Comment

CHOMP! CHOMP! TIMBERRRRR!

Chazz Lees
      I used to be a Beaver...twice
      NE-I-158 & NE-I-258

Comment

We tried to come up with a different cheer every day, just to throw people off. Being first does have it's advantages and disadvantages as well.

BEAVERS,WE DO GIVE A DAM!

I feel the need, the need for trees!

Beaver Fever, Beaver Fever, Beaver Fever!

BEAVERS, We're not really Pirates! (Guess which game this was after )

Ward? Can you speak to the Beaver?

Always a Beaver!
        Ron
        SR999 571-90

Comment

My Buffalo patrol yell was:

"Yabba-Dabba-Doo" which was first heard by our ancestors back in a little town called Bedrock in Bowling allies and Lodge halls. Our Buffalo roots go way back to the original "Loyal order of the Water Buffalos". Today we've shortened our name to "Buffalo Patrol" and our yell is in honor of one of the original members of that Lodge! :-)

Mike B
          I used to be a Buffalo

Comment

Ours was:
            EAGLES RULE: The rest are just lunch!

My husband was in the Beaver patrol and whenever we would see their patrol we would yell "Snack!"

Comment

We had a Yell and Response type thing.

Leader: Bear Patrol!
              Patrol: BEAR PATROL!
              Leader: Number One in the Troop!
              Patrol: Number Two in the Woods!

Comment

Crows, who you gonna caw?

Comment

If you will recall, Antelopes come last in "Wood Badge order." Our Antelope Patrol had a slogan, "Antelopes Lead From Behind." The first draft of our cheer was "OUR VIEW SUCKS!" We of course ultimately adopted something else, not nearly a good as that.

Comment

"Foxes in Soxes" was one.
                    As I think of the others (If I can remember them we had 2 more) I will post them. My favorite thing we did though was when I brought a Fox Tail to our second weekend (Ours went over 2 weekends spread a month apart). I attached it to my backside and hid it till we sang our song, when we sang the part were we were tired of Foxin and we could Fox no more, I jumped out and swung my backside around and shook it. That got the guy with the Buffalo hat charging me across the way. Talking about a laugh.
                    We also used the "Tastes like chicken", but only on the Owls, Eagles, and Bobwhites.

Comment

we chirped, flapped our arms, and flew around. Also yelled "the other white meat"

Comment

Working...
                      X