We have three leaders who went through Wood Badge together and recently completed their tickets. They would like to have a joint beading ceremony that's more than what has typically been done in our district.

I know the leaders want to include the troop and our charter organization (they helped pay for our leaders to do Wood Badge)as well as district and community dignitaries and of course, family and friends of each leader.

I have never been to a Wood Badge ceremony so I don't have a clue as to what is done. I know that at our district level the beads and certificate are generally handed out in a presentation at the district roundtable, very blase and not what we want for these guys. I think Wood Badge should be treated more like the Eagle award.

Any suggestions and ideas? How did you receive your beads? How has your troop, district, and/or council handle the awarding of the beads?

Thanks,

Melodee

A special group of the Woodbadge Staff assembles at our District Roundtable, and gives a presentation that is educational to the attendees, as well as dignified for the candidate. Only one Scouter is presented his/her beads at a time. The District level is a more personal venue, but usually the Woodbadge Staff invites all of the Scouters from the candidate's Patrol to attend. This has been our District's tradition for years, however, I am sure they would also do a presentation on the Troop level as well. So, find someone to get in touch with the Woodbadge Staff, and ask them to work with the Troop on a presentation. Include everyone you want, but keep it simple. It is NOT an Eagle Ceremony. Since you have multiple candidates, try to be sure something on an "individual" basis is included in the presentation. As inportant as Woodbadge Training is, please remember that Scouting is for the Scouts. Don't make this bigger than your Troop's Court of Honors.

The candidates Woodbadge Scoutmaster should handle the ceremony. All you have to do is have the candidates contact their Woodbadge Scoutmaster and he will handle the ceremony. Where the candidates receive their beads is their choice as is who is present.