X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.O.S.S. program?

Basic Outdoor Survival Skills..... iols for venturing?

The flyer is taking forever to download. But for the money, it sounds like fun. It should be nothing like IOLS since it involves youth and adults. I would suggest giving the point person a call and then arranging for her to talk to your crew (on speaker phone at the very least) about the "who" "what" "where" and "when."

Comment

From the flyer:
      "B.O.S.S. is designed to give Venturing age youth (14-21) and Venture leaders an opportunity to learn skills for their Crew's outdoor activities. Program will include outdoor cooking, first aid, and leave no trace. Games and other activities will also be included.
      B.O.S.S. is a prerequisite for Venturers to attend NYLT."

So to the answer question, yes, IOLS for Venturing it is, except it is for both youth and adults.
      Evidently, Southern Shores Council, MI, is the only one that has this training.

Comment

• qwazse
        qwazse commented
        Editing a comment
        They must not have got the memo. ILSC is all that's required for Venturers to attend NYLT (http://www.scouting.org/Training/Youth.aspx). Perhaps this is this council' sway of making ILSC a little less classroom like. But, we're reading between the lines.

• EagleScout441
        EagleScout441 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I took ILSC back in January for NYLT this summer. It is all classroom work, still fun though. I wonder if they have ILSC in addition to BOSS?
    Working...
    X