Our Crew recently went to the McLaren Kilt as part of our standard uniform. In the process we located a good supplier that we are able to outfit our crew at a very reasonable price. We are considering reselling them to other scouters that would like to add one to their wardrobe and profits go to general funds. Our only restriction is that we have to buy a minimum of 10 at a time for it to be woven, Does anyone out there know of any scouting groups looking into the same move and are looking for a place to get them. I know there are other web sites out there selling them but we were able to procure 70% wool 30% acryllic with all the bells and whistle's at a nice price.

$85 includes kilt, kilt pin, kilt hose and flashes... but I need to get an order of 10 together to order them.. We are rolling them out at our district meeting in January so I anticipate I will be able to place an order in January. Domestic freight would add a little to their cost. I am throwing in a belt, sporran and buckle for $55

I have a form that we use for measuring and ordering that I can PM or email anyone interested.

My Daughter getting her Ranger Award. I won't be able to post close up pictures of the actual kilt until I get home from our Christmas trip. We are offering them at our January Round table in about 3 weeks. We also have a few new venturer's that will need to order them so I conceivably will be able to get the 10 together. If one decides to go this route and is less than the special run of 10 then check with me first and I will let you know where i stand on getting an order together.

too cool you will need to post a picture of the completed unit. They are also making the sporran straps now that slide onto each of the two ends of your belt in front, It removes one item from around your waist and depending on waist size could make it easier, In my picture above I could use a little longer chain as it does not ride correctly.

• 5 weeks later...

That is what our crew decided on as a dress uniform and as you are aware crews are able to set their own uniform standard. We wore them at Sunday Flag ceremony for our Polar Bear and you would be surprised at how many Boys showed interest in them. Our Crew stood out and they ate it up.

Honestly, I am surprised that National is not jumping on supplying them as many Woodbadge courses people are wearing them and if you search the net you will see quite a few crews with them.