Left Sleeve..center to sleeve or epaulettes?

Just picked up a Wool/Poly shirt, and the epaulattes seem to be sewn backward of center. If I match the council strip to the epaulettes, everything will be extremely crooked. If i center on the sleeve, the council strip center is about 3/4" forward of the center of the epaulette, but everything lines up perfectly on the sleeve. The insignia guide still shows the strip centered on the epaulette but also states patches should be centered on the sleeve below the shoulder seam. Thoughts? I don't think this is a problem with this specific shirt; seems to be the newer shirt design.

I'm a fairly big stickler for wearing the uniform properly.

Good for you! I think you'll find a lot of folks here who appreciate the uniform method, as long as it doesn't get in the way of the other equally-as-important methods of Scouting. :D

• 1 month later...

So I decided that it would be nice to have one of those poly-wool uniforms (pants and shirt) to look a bit more crisp for formal occasions. My wife thought it would be nice to buy it for me as a Christmas present. But after I ordered it the pants were way too small (not true to size) and the epaulets were, as stated above, off-center and the American flag patch was about 3 centimeters too far back on the sleeve. I guess I'm not surprised they are discontinuing this uniform, though, because the quality just isn't that great for the high price tag. Needless to say, I sent both pieces back.

I like those nice wool serge (dark green) uniforms that Scouters wore in the 60s/70s. It'd be nice to have something like that again.