X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Button Question

Do any of you change out your buttons on your shirt? I notice a lot of people have black buttons (they appear to be black) but the shirts in the store are normal beige color.

Yikes! Central supply changed the buttons on the standard issue field uniform from black to beige! (Can't tell from scoutstuff if the venturing shirt buttons have been changed to green.)
    When did that happen?

For what it's worth, when the venturing shirt was revised, our female VOA officers refused to buy it because the buttons (also black) no longer had insignia on them.

Comment

Here is that they look like
      Last edited by JasonG172; 05-27-2014, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Comment

well if the pic wont work here's the link

http://www.scoutstuff.org/bsa/unifor...orm-shirt.html

Comment

To answer your original question: no. I will use whatever buttons are on the shirt. Good deal ,though.

Comment

J. Are fleur-de-lis or "BSA" stamped on your shirt's buttons? Does not look like it from the picture.

Comment

It is

Comment

Buttons on the old ' Oscar de la Renta: uniforms had very dark brown buttons with the FDL on them. Cubs have black button with the FDL on them. And my old Explorer/Venturing uniforms had the same buttons as the Boy Scouts shirts of that time.

When the Centennial Uniforms came out, they had tan buttons with "Boy Scouts of America" on them.

What I REALLY need is a red button for my old jac shirt. Those are hard to find!

Comment

I can find brown FDL buttons and navy FDL buttons, but black is a problem.

Comment

Before the recent change, the buttons were dark brown. When BSA announced they would no longer sell the little plastic bags of replacement buttons, I stocked Up.

I will consider trades for classic BSA knives. ^___^

Comment

LOL ^ I am not a vet. I do have a very old Cub Scout ring that my GrandDad gave me when I was a kid. He found it one day with his metal detector,

Comment

My New Shirt Has Tan Buttons with ..Boy Scouts of American written on them

Comment

Working...
                          X