Tuck it in!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had 2 kids show up at the pack meeting tonight with their shin guards and cleats on (rubber cleats) and their scout shirts...but the shirts were tucked in....how could you do anything but laugh to

Are they Gonna Require Underwear Next? I don't see it listed on the Uniform Inspection Sheet

CoH last night. Moose Patrol is in charge of the ceremony. MP PL is a Scout of 3 years membership. He assigns 4 boys to the colorguard and I hear him help them thru the routine. They wait with the

Yeah, like that's going to do any good. :) They say they have to have a FULL uniform and you know how much traction that got.

Stosh

My son's shirt is going to look really stupid tucked into his athletic shorts. ;)
Yeah, like that's going to do any good. :) They say they have to have a FULL uniform and you know how much traction that got.

Stosh

Hmmm.... does this rule apply to CLASS B t-shirts? (I just cringe using that term...:()

Stosh

Stosh

Or you could always have to face the smart-alec scout that is so impressed with his full uniform that when I told him he needed it to be tucked in, reached down and tucked his pants into his socks so everyone would know he had new scout socks. Even I got a chuckle out of that one.... :)

Stosh

Stosh

well your son shouldn't be wearing athletic shorts anyway because that definitely isnt part of the uniform and would just look too stupid.

Stosh

At the last troop COH I counted 3 scouts in athletic shorts. The cubs were in a parade and 4 or 5 showed up in athletic shorts. I had them tuck them in and yes it looked stupid. All their shirts were untucked after the first mile :)

Stosh

My favorite is when they wear their athletic shorts and then add their Cub Scout belt to dangle around their waist. Gotta show off those belt loops no matter what, I guess.

Shirts tucked is a good thing, we always require that. And yes sometimes they are tucked into athletic shorts and look completely stupid; we take that in stride. Most of the boys in our troop are involved in some form of sport, so if they are arriving straight from practice or a game, we're just happy they came. Heck one boy arrived still wearing his shin-guards.

The thing to remember is tucking the shirt in (even into athletic shorts) is about getting the boys into the habit of tucking the shirt in. Once it's automatic you don't have to nag them for not tucking at camp or other times when a full uniform is required.

We had 2 kids show up at the pack meeting tonight with their shin guards and cleats on (rubber cleats) and their scout shirts...but the shirts were tucked in....how could you do anything but laugh to yourself. They came and for 3rd graders on a school night with a soccer game that's pretty good

• Upvote 1