At least this is a fun uniform question........(leader question)

I'm not a uniform tzar, really I'm not.

Ok, maybe a little for leaders (set a good example, and all).

My question concerns how far the "once uniform, always uniform" rule of thumb can be taken.

My wife just started to move her pack volunteer work to a more visible position (as in, she is now up front at pack meetings sometimes).

She very much dislikes the green/tan uniform, almost as much as she dislikes the yellow/blue uniform. So.... she has picked up an old "Den Mother's Dress". My guess is that it dates from the 50's.

With proper insignia for her position, just how big of a stretch is this?

The good news is the boys will all think it is funny, fun, and will get a big kick out of it. This is a bonus.

What are thoughts here?

-b

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not a uniform tzar, really I'm not.   Ok, maybe a little for leaders (set a good example, and all).   My question concerns how far the "once uniform, always uniform" rule of thumb can be t

Not a stretch at all. She should go for it, and be prepared to explain a little bit of scouting history along the way.   I was pleaseed to visit another troop's court of honor and there saw one bo

If she looks hot in it, why not ?

Not a stretch at all. She should go for it, and be prepared to explain a little bit of scouting history along the way.

I was pleaseed to visit another troop's court of honor and there saw one boy in a uniform from the 50's. I didn't ask if it was grandpa's or a find on E-bay. It looked sharp ant the boy wore it well.

• Upvote 1
I'm not a uniform tzar, really I'm not.

With proper insignia for her position, just how big of a stretch is this?

-b

I don't know. I guess it depends on the size of your wife and the size of the dress? Is that a better attempt at humor?

Academically speaking, I think the underlying question is, if it is proper to wear a den mothers uniform given your wife's current position in the pack? If there were separate uniforms for Cub Masters and Den Leaders, what would the answer be?

Realistically speaking: Cool idea! Go for it!