Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember my solution for the Cubs complaining about the hot scratchy uniform collars ? Silk Ascots. It fits perfectly. Very British, very military, all the cadets wear them. You guys will look dashing. Different colors for your ninja levels. Best of all it won't violate current BSA Guide to Insignia. (At least I don't think so) Or you could just have a poster board at your meeting place with everyone's current rank. I have heard of a attaching your landyards and beads idea to a carabiner off the belt, that would probably work also.

Comment

For my cub scouts, I challenged them to learn some knots. If they succeeded, (4 knots for tiger, 8 for Webelos - knots generally recommended for their age level from their scout books) according to their level, I would replace their neckerchief slide with a woggle (turkshead) colored (dyed 1/'8" cotton cord) for their level (orange, yellow, lt. blue, dk. blue, for tiger, wolf, bear, Webelos, etc.) As the neckerchief slide is a "negotiable" part of the uniform, this had the advantage of customization and recognition without adding something new (and the woggles are usually harder to lose while playing games anyway).

Comment

Working...
      X