Court of honor dress

I think the ultimate answer is what ever you choose.

I had the same dilemma when I was an assistant den leader to an eagle scout's younger brother. I wore civilian clothes. The uniform would have been OK too, however, I had an appointment just after the ECOH.

His grandfather wore the uniform he made eagle in.

If you want to wear the uniform, wear it. If you don't, then don't. All eyes will be on the eagle scout anyway...

I salute you for such a bold choice to wear to an eagle court of honor......I would make sure the Dress isn't too reveling and certainly no more than two fingers in length above the knee. I would stay away from red or black...

Seriously your uniform is fine and appropriate.

Dang it blake ya beat me too it.

At least this guy doesn't work for a newspaper and have to come up with article titles. Gotta read them, then read them carefully, then have your drunk buddy read them, and then if it's okay, print it. :)

This post reminds me of a similar question I've often wondered... I've been to Eagle CoH's out of uniform and have noticed others in civilan attire wearing their Eagle medals. Is this common? I've worn my Eagle medal in uniform at CoH's, but never the opposite. Regardless, I still stand when the call goes out to "all Eagles in attendance to please stand and be recognized".

This post reminds me of a similar question I've often wondered... I've been to Eagle CoH's out of uniform and have noticed others in civilan attire wearing their Eagle medals. Is this common? I've worn my Eagle medal in uniform at CoH's, but never the opposite. Regardless, I still stand when the call goes out to "all Eagles in attendance to please stand and be recognized".

I think I'd skip the medal with "civilian" wear. However, a NESA Eagle lapel pin would probably be appropriate.
OK' date=' so a minor hijack but along the same lines. My son's Court of Honor is next month. Do I go as Dad or Scoutmaster? I've asked him but haven't gotten a response yet. I'm leaning towards Dad because that's my favorite role.[/quote']

From what I've seen, but not a hard-and-fast rule, is that Dad goes as Dad. Uniform or not is up to you, but MCing (if normally done by the scoutmaster) and Scoutmaster's minute duties are handed off to an assistant or other scouter (e.g. retired Scoutmaster). You get the night off to be dad.

OK, so a minor hijack but along the same lines. My son's Court of Honor is next month. Do I go as Dad or Scoutmaster? I've asked him but haven't gotten a response yet. I'm leaning towards Dad because that's my favorite role.
I'd go as Dad. :) You will always be dad, but eventually you will cease being SM.

Stosh

OK, so a minor hijack but along the same lines. My son's Court of Honor is next month. Do I go as Dad or Scoutmaster? I've asked him but haven't gotten a response yet. I'm leaning towards Dad because that's my favorite role.
Our SM went as dad (dress shirt and tie):

CM was MoC, two ASMs (actually SM emeritus) talked about the meaning of Eagle Scout and recollected the boy's scouting carreer, and I lead the Eagle charge.

If you have the depth use it. Actually, (personal preference here) your boys could do each of those. If they're attending in sufficient numbers and are appropriately gifted, use those gifts.

I'd wear a uniform, but that's me. I'm also an Eagle so the medal is worn. Not an official website, but http://www.scoutinsignia.com/eagmedal.htm states you can wear the medal in civilian dress. I know I read it once that it was ok, wish I could remember where.

And I just noticed that "Adults wear onlyon formal Eagle occasions." p 30 of the Guide to Awards and Insignia.