Eagle Medal and Patch

I recently became an Eagle Scout in February and I earned my first palm in June. I wanted to know where the palm is to be worn? On the patch? Next to it? On the ribbon of the medal? Also, where is the medal to be worn? And, can the medal be worn with the patch?

Congrats!

I wanted to know where the palm is to be worn? On the patch? -- No

Next to it? -- No

On the ribbon of the medal? -- Yes

Also, where is the medal to be worn? -- Centered left pocket flap. I put the pin through the flap seam, just as an easy reference to keep it straight.

And, can the medal be worn with the patch? -- Yes, but some will argue with that because in the past it wasn't allowed. But since that would require having two uniform shirt (one with and one without the patch), they dropped that rule some time ago.

http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Media/InsigniaGuide/06E.aspx

Usually, medals are only worn on "formal" or dress-up occasions, like Courts of Honor, Scout Sunday, parades, banquets, etc. If you wear it all the time, it could get damaged or lost. When you turn 18, the rank patch will come off and you would wear the red/white/blue square knot. You can also wear the palm on the knot if you want, but I don't see that too often. See the BSA Insignia Guide for illustrations on proper wear of badges and medals. And congratulations!

You may also wear your medal with the knot on your shirt at the same time. If you lose it, never fear, you can buy them by the basketful on ebay. The older ones are nicer than the medals made today anyway, and you can get one made out of silver instead of pewter.