Getting an Interpreter Strip in a "new" language

I thought there were only French, Spanish, Italian, and Sign Language strips available, but apparently there are a number of other languages. The exhaustive list seems to be Hebrew, Mandarin (simplified and traditional), French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, Cantonese, Japanese, Vietnamese, and Greek.

What sort of process would I have to go through to get a new language strip created, like Norwegian? Can you just special order it or is there some long process that I'd have to step through?

There are others that the Scout Shops carry. I had a kid from South Africa that spoke Afrikaans, and the Scout Shop had it available. It is a little more exprensive than Francais or Espanol since there are fewer made.

Hmmm. Since the strips are for a second language, and I'm a deep South native, I think the "Yankee" would be helpful for those around me. I have family in Noo Yawk and Mitchi-gan, so I speak a reasonable amount of those languages.

• 1 year later...

...I actually got a package in the mail today...which I had forgotten about. Earlier this month, I sent an email to ScoutStuff inquiring as to a certain interpreter strip.

They said they would look into in.

A couple days later, they called, asked what language, and how many I needed. With that they asked for my CC info and said 2 - 4 weeks.

So today,,,I got the package with 4 brand new interpreter strips....custom made by BSA.

$7 each...but I got them and pretty certain no one else has this language.

Collecting? ....Nope...speaking it and corr responding in it as well.

Danki!

(I'm thinking I may have the only 4 BSA interpreter strips of this language. Cool :-))

(This message has been edited by Scouter.)

I am in the process of getting one for Armenian for a new Scout. To get one in the language itself have someone familiar with it write it out. Thus I had the dad write out Armenian in the Cyrillic alphabet. This is sent in to national with the order and they send the strips custom-made.

The strips as mentioned run about $7 and come as a minimum of 2 per order. They are ordered through the local Scout Shop. There is actually an inventory number on the national database that covers custom-ordered Interpreter strips.

RR