New BSA knot

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious as to why this knot was created? here's the link.

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?cat=01RTL&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=UNIFORMS&c3=INSIGNIA&c4=&lv=3&item=050AK&nimg=611866_AlumniKnot_Badge&us7=Y

Would have been nice to include some Exploring/Venturing green in the red, blue, and gold colors. At least you can argue the blue represents Sea Scouts. :)

I as an Adult Leader have met the requirements to earn this award for this year. But had no idea about it. My Committee isn't very good at looking into this stuff.Something the Troop isn't good at is recognizing the adults that are behind the sceens or out front helping. Something I hope to see changed in the future.

Remember in April this year, National first announced the requirements for Geocaching MB and 9 months later the badge and pamphlet have finally appeared. Rather embarassing.

As a result, I suspect a blue ribbon, "leadership" task force tiger team adopted a Patch First Requirements Later policy to avoid future embarrassment. Expect to see the requirements within the next 8 months, a minimum 11% delivery time improvement. :)

My $0.01

From a friend of mine on Facebook I will keep you up dated.

"My Supply Group representative provided me with some initial information; he said that the Award (which will right now ONLY consist of a square knot item) is indeed called the Alumni Award. There will be requirements for earning this square knot which will be sent to local Councils in early January. Alumni Connections are still developing the form to complete to send to your local Council to receive the square knot emblem.

I am still waiting on a response from Alumni Connections; once I receive that response, I'll share what I know to the U.S. Scouting Service Project, Inc.'s website and to my Badge and Uniform Site. It sounds like a great idea to get alumni reconnected to the BSA.

And I was right: the colors of the square knot correspond to the flag colors of the BSA's uniformed programs: blue (Cub Scouting), red (Boy Scouting), and gold/yellow (Venturing). The background is supposed to be grey (silver) and the border color gold mylar. "

Thanks for your continued patience folks!!

Gee, BadenP, don't be such a sore head, you're ruining it for me. I want to be the first guy on the block to wear a knot that no one has ever heard of before. Then all those guys with 15 rows of knots will be jealous.

Stosh