Can adult wear recruiter patch ??

The online Insignia Guide only has the Recruiter strip listed under "Cub Scout Participation and Achievement" as insignia worn by a Cub Scout and "Boy Scout Participation and Achievement" as insignia worn by a Boy Scout. The listing in the Boy Scout section has a link to the scoutstuff.org site where the item description is "For youth members who recruit another youth member. "

I could find nothing in the guide regarding scouters.(This message has been edited by nolesrule)

AFAIK, adults don't wear recruiter patches.

Was this a recruiter STRIP or a recruiter PATCH. If it was a strip, it goes below the pocket, if its a larger size patch, it should go on the pocket.

• 3 years later...

I have been wearing one because I am the Membership and Recruitment chair. I point it out to the boys all the time, "look at what you can earn if you recruit a friend." Which reminds me, I have a certain Wolf that I have to bug because he told me he wanted to earn that strip, lol.

Seattle, I was just appointed District Membership Sub-committee to await nomination next spring. I was debating if I should put that Recruiter Strip on my "new" District shirt (thank goodness for cheap closeouts on scoutstuff.org, I bought a bunch of ladies shirts super cheap and then took them to a tailor friend of mine, they look good). Thanks, I will proudly put it on because I am helping my DE with fall recruitment in our big (distance wise) district.

Hello suzisk8,

Congratulations on your appointment!

Assuming that the "Recruiter" strip is a youth award, I think it's an excellent example of where leaders may wish to use the BSA as a guide to running their program, rather than as binding rules.

If I need to sew something on to my uniform to make my program work, I'm going to sew it on.

Yeah, Base, you're going to want to clean that up.

Do we get one for every Scout we recruit? Gonna need a bigger shirt.

Actually, I'd wonder about any ol' Tom, Dick or Harry wearing one. But suzisk8 situation I don't have a problem with it whatsoever. If it helps you bring more Scouts into the program, go for it.

I think for us as adults, recruiting is our responsibility. I'll "recruit" 20-30 boys this year along with a handful of adults. I think your behavior will illustrate that you're a recruiter.

For a boy to recruit someone its a bonus. My 7 year old son wears the recruiter strip because he invited one of his friends to join and the boy did. He's working on another boy now.

The alumni knot is sort of an adult recruiter strip but has IIC and some other unrelated stuff to it.