Merit badge design change???

BSA Supply has temporarily stopped issuing merit badges. This kind of action often comes when items go through design changes.

It could be that new colors wil be used to match the fabric color of the new uniform.

"It could be that new colors wil be used to match the fabric color of the new uniform."

That makes no sense.

The new uniform is the same basic color as the current uniform. The shirts are tan. I expect the merit badge sash will stay the same color. There is no reason to chance the merit badges, other then to have new designs, and National rarely chances the designs.

• 3 weeks later...

hey there!

I work for a National Scout Shop and I have heard nothing regarding changing the merit badges.. As a matter of fact, we got merit badges in our last shipment from SG.. We put the new merit badge books on the shelf last week..

evmori,

Up to six may be worn on the right sleeve of the long sleeve shirt, right above the cuff. However, I do not believe that I have ever seen a scout wearing them there.(This message has been edited by click23)

I wonder if the missing MB may just be a bit more of the BSA controling items that must be earned. If you don't have the paperwork, you cannot buy the item. Some shops just would ask if you completed the requirements and trust your honor. Some now seem to want paper proof of your wanting the item. A bit like the Eagle items. I guess they can no longer trust the word of many scouters. :(

There aren't any MBs available becuase our troop earned over 400 this summer and teh Scout Shop ran out while filling our order. :) Anyway, it is the end of summer with lots of Courts of Honor coming up, and this may just be a supply and demand issue. I do wonder about the sharpness of the color vision of whatever committee chooses fabrics. The greens are all just a little off from one another. My husband doesn't notice (color blind) niether does my son (also color blind), but my daughter and I do.