One Piece Unit Numeral Patch

Does anyone know who is producing one piece unit number patches? I have searched the archives on this site, search engined the thing to death, and still cannot find anyone who is advertising this, yet I see them regularly at scout functions.

Thanks

GM

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can also order them mail order from the Scout catalog. I think it's actually units of 12. Normally a unit will order enough for the whole unit, and then will just give or sell one to each member and then to each new member going forward.

We once ordered a whole bunch of patches from our Scout store. Our unit number is XYY. The store made a typo on the order form and got XXY instead. We actually have a unit XXY in our district, and the last I heard, the store was going to contact that unit and see if they could unload all the erroneous patches on them.

Being as I had never seen them at any scout shop, I figured that they might be black market items. I have asked at scouting events, and the answer was always "the troop". Well, that wasn't so helpful, as I needed to know where the troop got them. They sure look better than 3 seperate numerals.

Both Gold Winger and Oak tree are correct, they are made through National Supply, and in orders of 12. I just called the number at National Supply and ordered them over the phone, as scoutstuff.org had no means to order them. I personally think they should have a note at the bottom of their numerals that custom numeral patches can be ordered.

I purchased 24, and will make them available to troop and pack members for the cost of the patch ($1.50 which is cheaper than buying 3 numerals) plus shipping and tax. I may also give some away to boys who "get caught" doing a good turn.

Thanks for the help.

GM(This message has been edited by GMitch)

We have a unit in town that just hit their 50th year of charter, and I saw at a Council Expo they had the unit number with 50 under it. It might look a tad silly with a less impressive number, besides, who wants to sew on a new one every year? For long tenured units, I think it is a cool idea though.(This message has been edited by GMitch)

"We have a unit in town that just hit their 50th year of charter, and I saw at a Council Expo they had the unit number with 50 under it. It might look a tad silly with a less impressive number, besides, who wants to sew on a new one every year?"

You don't get a new veteran unit bar each year. They are only made in increments of 5 years from 25 to 90. Originally, they only had 25 and 50 year bars. Then they added 75 years, and then 5 year incremental bars.

• 11 months later...

I just placed an order with the National Scout Shop. It's an easy process. Call 1-800-323-0732 Ext. 488. Leave a message if they are busy and they will call you back within a few hours.

The interesting thing I learned when I placed the order today is that the new 'background' for the numbers is GREEN! for Boys Scouts and continutes to be red for cubs. Did everyone know this already?

"The interesting thing I learned when I placed the order today is that the new 'background' for the numbers is GREEN! for Boys Scouts and continutes to be red for cubs. Did everyone know this already?"

Yes.

They changed the uniform for Boy Scouts back in August. For that uniform (called the centennial uniform), they wear olive green loops and green on tan unit numbers and trained strips.

Red/white numbers are STILL used for Cub Scout and Venturing.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a Cub Scout Den Leader and have just bought the new centennial uniform, should i put the new green numerals on the shirt or stay with the red. I thought the shoulder loops seperated Cub Scouts,Boy Scouts and Venturing not the unit numbers

The centennial tan & green numerals are worn on a centennial tan scout shirt regardless of the level of scouting. The shoulder loops signify the level of scouting.

The official red and white numerals are work on other official scout uniform shirts that are not the centential tan, that is the cub scout blue shirts, female scout leader yellow shirts, venture crew green shirts and the non-centennial tan shirts.

I just bought a centennial shirt and wear the tan and green centennial numerals.

Note: That the centennial tan and green "trained" patch is worn on the centennial tan shirt and not the red "trained" patch. These are the only 2 patches (numeral and trained) that are different between the scout shirts.

Hope this helps,

Cubby's Cubmaster