Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll buy 5 too. Let me know where to send a check.

Comment

I know this thread is old, but since someone brought it back to life, I'll add my $.03 worth ( inflation ya know)

Someone suggested a "Emeritus" strip similar to the trained strip. There is in existance a "RETIRED" strip that was identical to the old trained strips sold by national and authorized for uniform wear. Don't see to many of those, and I do not know if they make them to the current specs of the trained patch.

Comment

The purpose of the "Retired" patch is for retired PROFESSIONAL scouters, not us volunteers.

Thing is, when a volunteer 'retires' from a position, they no longer hold it, so should no longer wear the insignia for that position.

Comment

What you are suggesting is similar to the "PAST Council President" patches and other national office patches of the same type. I don't know if those are even made anymore (they even had collar devices/pins for the old dress uniforms).
          Can someone tell me if there is actually a registered position of "Past Council President"?
          It would seem to me as relevant as a "Scoutmaster Emeritus" patch.
          Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Our unit created an honorary patrol, the "Old Goat Patrol" for past Cubmasters. They are invited to big events like Spring Campout and get to come for free, the Pack usually gets some labor from them for this .

Comment

look on ebay for one of the older green one's, nobody really wears them anymore.......

Comment

I had the question posed to me about designing a Scoutmaster Emeritus patch. My solution was to create an Emeritus arc for wearing below any three inch patch.
                You can see my design on http://www.sageventure.com/store/blanket.html which is in the middle several rows from the top.
                If you are interested, my email address is on the website and you are welcome to contact me.

Comment

These guys had one made. You could probably use the same company and order more at a discount:

http://www.scout119.org/Bob%20Beil%20Award/BobB.htm

Comment

Working...
                  X