Philmont Arrowhead Patch

If that's true, then can a Scouter wear other temporary uniform patches they earned as a youth Scout, like summercamp patches, OA conclaves, Camporees, etc.? A scouter can't wear a World Conservation Award path they earned as a scout can they? (since there is no option for adults to also earn that award). It's been 25 years since I've been in scouting, so I'm a little rusty.

Yes, the World Conservation Award (WCA) is illustrated and described in my well-worn 1976 edition of the Scout Handbook. The award is not illustrated in my 1975 Scout Handbook, so I suspect its appearance coincided with the American Bicentennial. There was one additional requirement for the award back then; you also had to earn the Conservation and Environmet skill award. Skill awards (metal badges worn on your web belt) are no longer part of the Boy Scout program. The panda bear, illustrated on the WCA, is the symbol of the World Wildlife Fund.

• 1 month later...

Not to change the subject but....

While I was busy Scouting back in the UK. I attended the World Jamboree (Nordjam 75) We were told that we were the first to earn the World Conservation Badge.

It is in the tupperware box - Somewhere.

Eamonn

I believe the first Earth Day was early in 1970. I was in graduate school at the time. In addition to calling attention to environmental issues, it provided a diversion for everybody from the ongoing war in Viet Nam...until the incursion into Cambodia later that spring.