Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After reading the comment from KDD I took down all photos that had scouts in them. Now that these pics have been up for a while and several users have seen them, I have taken them all down.
    Last edited by EagleScout441; 08-09-2013, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• King Ding Dong
      King Ding Dong commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you missed the wink, wink, nod, nod, say no more from jp.

Also I would take those photos down of the boys ASAP unless you have permission to post them from each of the parents. There is one in every crowd and you could get burned.

• King Ding Dong
      King Ding Dong commented
      Editing a comment
      441 those photos are still available.

• EagleScout441
      EagleScout441 commented
      Editing a comment
      Technically yes.

Originally posted by EagleScout441 View Post
    I am insulted that you think I would scan old photos and claim them as my own.
    I assumed you scanned your own photos from the 1970's and 1980's when the Outing was still in scouting, when boys were allowed to be carefree and have fun. Not wrapped up in bubble wrap
    Last edited by jpstodwftexas; 08-09-2013, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• EagleScout441
      EagleScout441 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you don't mind can you take this comment down, I'm trying to get all those pics off the forum.

Nothing for RichardB here, I am sure its a photo shop job

Comment

Looks like a Scout Troop to me.... Making their own rope, putting together a sample tower... Leaders drinking coffee, letting the Scouts be Scouts...

Comment

Our Council built a 4 post tower at least 30 feet at a camp this summer. It was mostly for demonstration as it was mostly a cub and Webelos camp but did house BS for a STEM camp. I never saw anyone on it I must say. The Council is fairly buttoned on safety rules and they hold pioneering kit training each fall. A tower is a lot different than a monkey bridge so the pg 77 GTSS rule may only apply to rope bridges.

Comment

KDD,

Don't know what the current camp standards are, and no I will NOT go through the 300+ page standards book again , but camps could do the towers IF inspected by a COPE director once upon a time. BUT again GTSS requires brain buckets and belay lines.

Comment

• qwazse
            qwazse commented
            Editing a comment
            To be honest, thinking back on lashing the second and third story of our summer camp tower in my youth, part of my adrenaline pump is screaming "hardhat on, 'biner in!"
        Working...
        X