Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Troop Summer Camp Photo - Opt Out??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpstodwftexas View Post
    Our local camps never forced anyone to take a group picture.....or even offered to take one

same at our local camp.

Comment

Never heard of this either. Must be those $350+ camps.

Comment

This is a throw back to times past, and serves not good purpose in today's world.

Comment

The camp we attend provides an 8x10 "proof" with the unit name printed on the photo. Now it's a simple print on photo paper not a professional kind of thing but nice none-the-less. We have the option to purchase additional copies. I always gave the proof to the CO who put it in a frame under our charter and our Eagle plaque. I see no harm in opting out but it's only a 10-minute stop along the check-in path and I never saw a need to disrupt the staff's process because of one unit's desires.

Comment

Our camp takes a group picture just before the opening camp wide dinner. The troop gets a free copy upon leaving camp.
            We have them also take one with one of our cameras and one of our parents duplicates and laminates one for each scout. A nice keepsake.

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by King Ding Dong View Post
              ...Must be those $350+ camps.
              Yes our camp is around that price point.

We had an interesting suggestion at Troop Committee, "Why don't we just arrive on Monday morning instead?"

Comment

Originally posted by jpstodwftexas View Post
                Our local camps never forced anyone to take a group picture.....or even offered to take one
                Same here, although I bet some of our parents would've loved it. I constantly got greif about not taking enough pictures. And when I did, I got fussed at that they didn't "look very happy." My reply of "that's because I'm making them be in a picture" did not go over very well...
                Last edited by dfscott; 07-10-2014, 11:14 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by eagle90 View Post
                  Our camp takes a group picture just before the opening camp wide dinner. The troop gets a free copy upon leaving camp.
                  Ours does this also. In addition, they will email you a .jpeg copy if you want to make additional prints.

Comment

Foster children cannot be photographed in Georgia under dfacs regs. I was asked to remove several photos from the web over this, even with private links only for the parents.

GeorgiaMom

Comment

Working...
                    X