X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Sale" on Summer Camps ?

So out council is putting on a sale on 4 of the specialty camps. $100 off if you attend one week of regular camp. Any other councils doing this ? Tough economic times or just low attendance ? STEM camp, Fish camp, Eagle Trail camp and Catholic Adventure week.

If your council's camp is as crummy as you say, it's not so surprising that they might need to pump numbers like that; $100 off is dramatic.
    I'd say fish camp is great for scout dads who mistake scouting for a father-son program; one of the best weeks of my life and the only time my dad enjoyed his (shortlived) scouter experience.

Comment

Our Council "discounts" a few 6-day Summer Camp "weeks" but as a general rule, they're all sold out, some by the time the previous year's camp is concluded.

Comment

Do they have one on how to speak Yiddish?

Comment

99, I have not claimed my council camp is crummy. We went out of council last year and I thought the MB program was crummy, especially swimming. S-F is an excellent facility and we will see about the program this year. 5,200 acres, 275 acre lake, 3 scout camps, 1 venturers/explorer base. Pack, you know the idea of a language camp is very intriguing. What a great way to reinforce skills over the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by King Ding Dong View Post
            99, I have not claimed my council camp is crummy.
            Oh, apologies. I would have sworn you said something-like it's a miserable hot dusty plain.

Anyway, I've seen camps offer discounts on multiple weeks, but not anything like $100.

Comment

Originally posted by Scouter99 View Post
              I'd say fish camp is great for scout dads who mistake scouting for a father-son program; one of the best weeks of my life and the only time my dad enjoyed his (shortlived) scouter experience.
              I remember my first trip to scout camp as a scouter. I had called my father a few weeks prior to ask him "what did you do all day while we were at activities and MB classes". He responded, "I went fishing".

Comment

GSLAC has recently added those weeks at Summer Camp as alternatives or additional to a regular Summer Camp experience. IMHO, the regular Summer Camp at S-F experience is second to none. I think that they are ahead of the curve in trying to maximize the use of Summer Camp and adapt to the wants of todays Boy Scout.

Comment

Originally posted by Scouter99 View Post
                  Oh, apologies. I would have sworn you said something-like it's a miserable hot dusty plain. Anyway, I've seen camps offer discounts on multiple weeks, but not anything like $100.
                  Camp Bunn in IL, last year. Gnats, gnats, gnats. Permethrin does nothing for the gnats. They grow hay or straw or whatever in these big fields and for three days were cutting it and bailing it so the constant machinery noise sure cut down "out in nature" feel of it. Allegra took care of the nose fortunatly. Maybe I mentiond something about that.

Comment

Working...
                  X