Bet Eagle92 will get me straight about this, but I am sure plenty of you know:

In discussions that come up sometimes in my troop, or at my district's RT's, Camp Boddie ( East Carolina Council) is mentioned.

Used to be Camp Bonner.

I know how to pronounce Bonner.

Boddie? Not son sure, Get a bunch of us in the room, and some of us pronounce it "bow-dee" and some of us pronounce it "Bah-dee" .

Actually, we have a really countrified member who calls it "Bow-der"

So........SURVEY SAYS? :)

I want to call it Bow-dee but the staff pronounces it Bah-dee. Renamed after some fella who gave a pile of money.

If you ask the camp, it was never offically named Bonner, it was called Bonner by convention since Senator Bonner gave all the land for the camp. A couple of years ago Mr. Boddie gave a pile of money to upgrade the camp and so they offically named the camp after Boddie.

Myself, I would say "bah-dee". Since there is a double consonant, that usually renders the preceding vowel short. As in, "potty" and "hottie". Of course, family names sometimes don't follow the rules.

Boddie-Noell Enterprises is a family owned company that owns chains of restaurants out of Rocky-Mount NC. Around here, the most common are Hardee's (hamburgers), Moe's Southwest Grill, and Texas Roadhouse.

http://www.bneinc.com/index.php