X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camp Boddie

Bet Eagle92 will get me straight about this, but I am sure plenty of you know:

In discussions that come up sometimes in my troop, or at my district's RT's, Camp Boddie ( East Carolina Council) is mentioned.

Used to be Camp Bonner.

I know how to pronounce Bonner.

Boddie? Not son sure, Get a bunch of us in the room, and some of us pronounce it "bow-dee" and some of us pronounce it "Bah-dee" .

Actually, we have a really countrified member who calls it "Bow-der"

So........SURVEY SAYS?

I pronounce it "Hardee's"

Comment

I would say it like "Body".

Comment

I want to call it Bow-dee but the staff pronounces it Bah-dee. Renamed after some fella who gave a pile of money.

If you ask the camp, it was never offically named Bonner, it was called Bonner by convention since Senator Bonner gave all the land for the camp. A couple of years ago Mr. Boddie gave a pile of money to upgrade the camp and so they offically named the camp after Boddie.

Comment

If they are still alive why not ask them how it is pronounced

myself i would sat "bo-dee"

Comment

Myself, I would say "bah-dee". Since there is a double consonant, that usually renders the preceding vowel short. As in, "potty" and "hottie". Of course, family names sometimes don't follow the rules.

Boddie-Noell Enterprises is a family owned company that owns chains of restaurants out of Rocky-Mount NC. Around here, the most common are Hardee's (hamburgers), Moe's Southwest Grill, and Texas Roadhouse.

http://www.bneinc.com/index.php

Comment

Pronounced "body", like the island and lighthouse.

Comment

THose are spelled "Bodie"...but probably variations of the same surname.

Comment

Working...
                X